Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bon Voyage

Hello all!

I'm just sitting here watching the Olympics and cheering for the USA!!! The men's gymnastics are on now and it's pretty intense...God bless these kids!!!

I'm sharing a card I made for he City Crafter Challenge Blog ...the theme this week is
bon voyage...
Here is my card...
The background pattern paper is digital from  Adrienne Looman from Two Peas in a Pod. The other pattern papers are from K & Company.  The stamps I used(compass, sentiment and tracks) are from Papertrey Ink. I added some jute and cheesecloth from Michaels. The inks I used are frayed burlap distress ink and Color Box chestnut roan chalk ink.

The tiny glass vial is from Tim Holtz. I filled it with sand from our trip to Long Beach Island last week. Which brings me to the pictures below...

                                               My pride and joy hanging out on the beach!

And here, out to dinner. The oldest is my niece. She is an awesome kid and such a tremendous help!
They are so close and she often refers to them as her siblings!

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle






11 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is totally cool, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous card ... just love the understated elegance of this and your tiny bottle of sand is perfect! ... you have adorable kids ... and your niece is stunning! Hope you enjoyed the opening of the Olympics ... I loved it! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!!

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, michelle! as always the details you have added are amazing.. .the little bottle of sand is so perfect!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! Beautiful papers you used with lovely ship image! And, the little glass jar filled with sand from your vacation is fab! Also, thank you for sharing those sweet family pics! Your children and niece are adorable! Hope you had a great time on vacation!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Michelle that card is stunning, you work designs like this so well. beautiful family, I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Weather looked perfect!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous masterpiece!! You really blend many elements together with such detail. So fun to see your kids and your niece. They are precious!

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! what an utterly lovely and beautifully made card! totally wonderful! ♥

Dortesjs said...

a clean elegant card and all totally awsome

Lisa said...

Great design and texture on this one Michelle, love the tiny bottle of sand. Your kiddos and niece are adorable!!! Glad you had a nice time!

Linda R said...

Such an awesome card. LOVE the little bottle of sand. So creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Stella said...

Your card is spot n the challenge and I think I see a winner! ( And you deserve to win)

Love to have a look at the photos of your children ( and nice). I can see why you are a proud mum :)

Have a great day!

And thank you so so much for your birthday wishes!