Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Album

Hello!
Hope you all are dry and happy....the weather has been wet and dreary here in New York.
I have something a little different to share with you today, for the
                                                        City Crafter Challenge Blog
                                                              we have to use tulle and text

I found this tutorial on how to create a tulle and tissue paper flower, here.  I used pink and ivory tissue paper and stamped it with Elegant Word BG stamp from Heartfelt Creations and inked it with wet cement shadow ink from Hero Arts.

I painted the album with acrylic paint. I stamped the background with Hero Arts Flourish stamp  in shabby pink distress ink. The gems are Zva Creative. The sentiment is also Heartfelt Creations.

I added some strung pearls from Michaels to the center of the flower. You can see the text better here.

I made the leaves using Spellbinders dies and kraft cardstock from Recollections. I folded them, then crinkled them. Opened them up and painted them.

Thanks for stopping by....

Michelle






14 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea to combine the print and tulle in the flower. That is a beautiful wedding album cover!

Judy said...

Oh wow this is so pretty. I love the whole book.
Judy

Lisa said...

What a beautiful project Michelle. this would make such a lovely shower gift. Wonderful work!!

Lisa West said...

The layering of this flower is just beautiful. Love the details. Lisa

Marie said...

Wowed, Michelle. I'm speechless. This card is utterly beautiful. Where are you in New York?

Ros said...

Stunning!! I love your flower ... what a great way to combine the text and tulle ... thank you so much for playing along with us again at CCCB ...

Rosemary said...

wow... that is one amazing flower, michelle!! beautiful album!

Robin K. said...

This is breathtaking!!! Absolutely LOVE how your flower turned out!!! We've been getting rain on and off here in upstate NY too :(

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so sweet and pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB! And also thanks for the link to the tulle + tissue paper flower, I think I am going to make one next! : )

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle, what a fabulous gift!

Maria said...

Wow! That is one stunning flower, Michelle! Great job...love how you arranged it! Take care!!:-))

Linda R said...

What an amazing flowers. So creative. I just love it.. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Wowzers is that flower ever AMAZING! LOVELY card!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Brenda said...

That is one spectacular flower Michelle! Awesome!