Friday, May 4, 2012

True Friends

Hello again!
The card I am sharing with you is for The Shabby Tea Room...

How lovely...I wish I could sew like that!

Here is what I created...

That pretty little bird came from Etsy...click here.  I added some spun sugar distress ink around the edges. The flowers, gems, doily and cheesecloth are from Michaels.  I cut the heart from a Prima leaf using a Spellbinders die. I added glitter to the edges.

The True Friends stamp is from Hero Arts. In my opinion, it is the prettiest stamp they make! I love it! I used bundled sage distress ink. The pearls are also from Michaels.  All pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye. I used another Spellbinders die to cut the fancy tag behind the bird. The border punch is Fiskars.

And this is how it all comes together!  Unfortunately, this is the extent of my sewing capabilities...paper only!  Oh well, it's a start!

Thanks for peeking!

TGIF!!!!

Michelle

14 comments:

sassy said...

saw your card over at the shabby tea room and thought id said hello and what a stunning card..love it sassyx

Lisa said...

I am SWOONING over this bird Michelle! And the true friend portion of your card is a stamp!?! I thought it was paper...gorgeous card!!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous job following the inspiration photo. I love that bird and how you layered everything so well.

Kathy said...

This is such a beautifully elegant card!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Michelle, I love the stamped panel, and the sweet cord and floral cluster, so pretty!

Mynnette said...

OH MY WORD. LOVE that bird and I cannot believe that you created paper with a huge stamp and it turned out so crisp--this would NOT work with me! ;) LOVE this!!!

Anne-Elise said...

Oh, so beautiful, Michelle! Love this bird, the flowers, the pearls... Great work!

Ros said...

This is gorgeous ... you are one talented card maker!

Heather said...

What a great idea to cut the heart out of a leaf!! Such great texture!! I love your flower cluster too!! Great card for the Tea Room Challenge :0)

Thank you for visiting my blog :0)
Hugs!!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, michelle! will have to take a look at that HA stamp... looks lovely!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love all the grand texture! Sweet bird with lovely arrangement of flowers! And, yes I agree that the stamp is beautiful! Have a great weekend, hugs!!:-))

purple_pea_fran said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! I just love the birdie! Thanks for joining The Shabby Tearoom this week.

Tracey said...

Oh So pretty......I love the soft colours with the contrast of the bright pink polka dot. Gorgeous:)

Brenda said...

What a real vintage beauty Michelle! I just love all the embellishments!