Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thank You

Hello friends!

I have a card to share with you tonight. I am playing along with Flourishes, Timeless
Tuesday.  The theme is 'pnk-a-licious'. So up my alley!!!!

I tried making a faux tile background...let me know what you think.

I think the tiles are too small. I should have made them bigger. I scored the white cs from Papertrey Ink with my scor-pal. Then stamped the bg with Flourishes Butterflies and Blossoms. I used shabby pink ink from Color Box.  I distressed all the edges and corners with spun sugar distress ink. Then I took my white gel pen and went over the scored lines.  Lastly, I added some stitches.

The resin frame is Melissa Frances. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I used black ink from Memories. The flower, leaf, pearls and ribbon are from Michaels. The pins are Maya Road.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Michelle


9 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

The background is perfect. I love this tile with grout effect! I think the tiles are the right size. The rest of your elements on this card really allow the eye to appreciate the tile.

Lisa said...

Love your pretty tile background! Lovely card Michelle.

Anne-Elise said...

Your background is beautiful, Michelle! Love also the flowers and the pins!

Stella said...

Don't worry about the backgournd; it's perfect. Pretty in pink; a stunner!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle, the faux tile look is fabulous...I love it! This is one pink-a-licious card for sure....thanks for playing! Hugs ~S~

Beate said...

I think they look great just the size they are. Beautiful card!
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Marie said...

Simply stunning, Michelle. IMO the faux tiles are just perfect and oh so very creative. Another FAB card. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Michelle.......I love the tile technique , such a pretty card love it!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Don't change anything, this is beautiful. Love the finished piece.