Friday, May 25, 2012

My Lucky Stars....

Hello All!!!

Hope you will enjoy this Memorial Day weekend with family, friends and some yummy bar-b-que cooking!!!

I have a card to share with you using the colors from  The Play Date Cafe...


but when I saw Melissa Phillip's post today, I knew I had to try it!!! Definitely check it out...ou'll GASP like I did! Actually, I think I screeched!!

Here is what I made...

All cardstock is Papertery Ink. The sentiemnt and ink are Hero Arts. I used a combination of dies from PTI, Spellbinder's and Memory Box. Button and twine are PTI. Pattern papers are from Bo Bunny and Cosmo Cricket. I cut the strips of pattern paper and glued together to make the loops.

The red gems are from Michaels. Embossing plate is also PTI.  I used a white gel pen to create faux stitching.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Michelle


14 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is amazing and fun - I'm just thinking how good the person who gets this will feel when they see this special card!

Lisa said...

WOW Michelle...this is so much fun~FANTASTIC work girl!!! Melissa does the BEST stuff doesn't she! I'm always in awe of her posts.

Kara Lynne said...

That is truly a sight to behold. So many layers there! It sort of reminds me of a beautiful fireworks display.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow, I'm speechless! That bow is simply incredible. Gorgeous card!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-21.html

Rosemary said...

that is one amazing card, michelle!! love your take on melissa phillips' project!!

Robin K. said...

Wow!!! I just had to pick my jaw up from the floor Michelle!!! This is amazing!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your family :)

Maria said...

"Oh my stars"...as my Grandma used to say...hehehe! This card is fabulous, Michelle! Love all the layering and perfect sentiment, too! One of my favs...great job!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, Michelle! I actually like your card better than Melissa's (though hers is beautiful, no doubt)! Great fonts on the sentiment, love the sketch layout, the way you put lots of 'fireworks' into your focal piece.

Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :-)

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely stunning, Michelle, and such a great sentiment to pull it all together! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWOWOW! I love that top embellishment! BEAUTIFUL! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Kelly Griglione said...

What an explosion on your card, just like fireworks! Really cool and interesting. Congrats, Michelle!

Robin K. said...

Congrats on being named Fab 4 Michelle! I knew this looked like a winner :)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I LOVE your layering and detailing in the exploding star! Gorgeous card Michelle!