Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hello

Ahhhh...it feels good to sit down.
I have been on a cleaning frenzy! Dusting, vacuuming, mopping and the dreaded laundry!
Alas, it all needed to get done!

I made a card yesterday for The Shabby Tea Room, where we have to include a dimensional flower...

And it just so happens that ...
City Crafter Challenge Blog calls for a rose...


I followed the sketch from Mojo Monday



Luckily I included a rose (or two)...
here is my card
The background papers are Die Cuts With a View. The ribbon and pearls are from Michaels. Lately I am having a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine. Probably because I use it to stitch on paper and not it's intended use....to sew garments!

The cabbage rose, leaves and pin are Prima. The twine and button are Papertrey Ink. The beautiful crochet flower doily was made by my mother! The sentiment and black ink are  Hero Arts. The tiny tag die is Flourishes.

The frame is Tattered Angels. The rose image is from Janet. The border is from Die Namics. I used the negative to the crown border. All edges were inked up with PTI vintage cream ink.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!!

Michelle


16 comments:

Lisa said...

Michelle this is just the dreamiest! Love the pretty framed rose and your sweet polka dot ribbon. Really really pretty my friend ;)

Kara Lynne said...

WOW!!! Your card is amazing! Where do I begin? Your mom made the doily?! That is the sweetest. I love the pearl placements too, and I must remember that frame idea for large patterned paper.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Michelle, I'm in love with this card! I'd give anything to be able to bunch embellishments, ribbons etc together like they were made for each other!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Michelle, I love the crochet flower under the pretty rose, and those fab papers!

Ros said...

Wow! another beautiful creation ... just love this design and your lovely roses ... thanks so much for playing along again at CCCB

Robin K. said...

Your beautiful card is so much the sweeter as it includes that lovely crocheted flower made by your mom!! I need to do some housework today and I'm dreading it :(

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on the sketch, michelle!!

jacirascrap said...

Simplesmente maravilhosa sua escolha de papéis, seu designer!! Lindo...

Marie said...

Wow, Michelle this card is so feminine and elegant. Love how you framed that rose image.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Super mix of the challenges, gorgeousness for both!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How sweet is that, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, Michelle! Your card is gorgeous! Love it!

Rebekah said...

SO beautiful Michelle!
Love the postage stamp frame.. gorgeous!
Thanks for playing with us at TSTR!!

Tammy Roberts said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room this week!

Linda R said...

This is such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

GORGEOUS! Could not LOVE this more! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!