Tuesday, April 24, 2012

City Crafter Challenge Blog

Hello my wonderful friends!
I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to all my followers!!!  I'm so happy you enjoy stopping by for a visit!
Today I have the tremendous honor of being a Guest Designer at the
  City Crafter Challenge Blog......    I am so excited to be here!!!


The theme this week is 'Rough Around the Edge'.  We are to use burlap on our project.
Here is what I created...

I made a little burlap sac. I glued the side panels together than turned it inside out. I stuffed it with some shredded paper.

I made the burlap flower using a circle Spellbinders die. I folded each circle in half, glued, than in half again and glued, than layer each petal until you achieve the desired look.  The beautiful pin and leaves are Prima.
The seam binding ribbon is from Simple Treasures Etsy Shop. The button is from Papertrey Ink. The feathers and purple flower cluster are from Michaels.

Then I filled it with some yummy fresh candy from a local candy shop here in Staten Island, Phillips Candy of Coney Island ( yup, Coney Island is in Brooklyn!).


Thanks for stopping by today...let me know what you think!

Michelle

10 comments:

Mieke'S said...

This card is beautifully made​​.
Greetings Mieke'S

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely sack Michelle. The burlap looks great with the pretty flowers and feather! Great textures used together!

Lisa said...

Wow oh Wow!!! What a sweet project Michelle, very well done!!

Rosemary said...

holey smokes, michelle!! your little burlap bag is absolutely amazing!!

Marie said...

Just a gorgeous work of art, Michelle. You are just too too creative.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so beautiful, thanks for being our guest this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog, so glad to have you!!!!

Brenda said...

That is a piece of art Michelle! I don't know how you figure out how to put everything together and it comes out so whimsical! Mine would look like a dogs' breakfast!

Ros said...

I'm so delighted that we have you guesting for us this week ... this little pocket is totally adorable ... I will definitely make some of these ... Have a wonderful week and thanks again for being onboard at CCCB this week

Cissy Prestage said...

Wow! You are amazing! You can make burlap pretty! I absolutely adore what you've done! Thanks for sharing!

Pauline said...

This is amazing! What a wonderful little gift bag, it just reminds me of spring! So pretty!