Friday, March 2, 2012

May you be blessed....

The card I am sharing with you is very special to me. I made it for my newest niece who my husband is going to be godfather to!

I based it on the colors for The Play Date Cafe,

and the guidelines at City Crafter Challenge Blog
Here is the card I made for sweet Alexandra...

Isn't the sentiment so touching! It is one of my favorites from Heartfelt Creations.
'Sweet baby' sentiment and button are from Papertrey Ink. The striped and gingham pattern papers are from My Minds Eye, the gray polka dot paper is from Tilda. I used Spellbinders labels. The inks I used are Staz On black and spun sugar and victorian velvet distress inks. Ribbons are from Etsy.  Flowers and pearls are from Michaels.

For the PDC, I couldn't match anything to the color sand. The closest thing I had were the tiny roses. But I felt they were too white, so I substituted lt. gray for sand. I hope that doesn't diqualify me! But I understand if it does.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Michelle

14 comments:

Lisa said...

What a marvelous card for this special occasion Michelle! Loaded with lots of prettiness. Love this sentiment and the pretty label you've used.

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous, that sentiment is lovely, and the papers are divine!

jacirascrap said...

é tudo impressionantemente lindo...adoro as cores, a torre,as fitas! Bom final de semana!

Linda R said...

This is such a gorgeous card.. Your seam binding bows look so pretty.
And I just love your sentiment..

Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card for your new niece, michelle!!

Patrice said...

Great take on the colors...please link up with me at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-9.html

Ros said...

Beautiful!! This is perfect for our challenge and so pretty ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB ...have a great weekend

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, Michelle! What a gorgeous card for the little baby. And congrats to your hubby for being the godfather - what an honor.

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful feminine card Michelle! Love your embellishments!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle! So many delicious, little elements to create the perfect, shabby chic creation for its recipient! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

cnelson said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I absolutely adore how you've used this week's colors! This is so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.