Monday, February 20, 2012

...the Simple Things...

Well....
it's still Monday and my crafting mode is in full swing! Love those days!

So I am playing along with The Ribbon Reel...  the challenge this week is to create something
blue, white and kraft with red and twill or twine, but make it weathered or distressed.


The white cardstock and floral stamp are from Papertrey Ink. I stamped it repeatedly using surf ink from ColorBox to create the background. The kraft, blue and red cardstock are from Recollections.
The scallops were created using an ek success border punch. I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distresser and then inked the edges with weathered wood distress ink.

The sentiment is from Uor Daily Bread Stamps. I used black ink from Memories. The decorative die is Die-namics from My Favorite Things Stamps. The rolled flower dies are from mft stamps also. The branch die is Sizzix, circle die is Spellbinders. The twine is just something I had lying around. The pearls are from Michaels.

That's it my wonderful friends!

Thanks for dropping by today!

Come back tomorrow... I've been putting together a nice thank you package for my wonderful followers...I'll post it tomorrow!

Michelle


11 comments:

Mieke'S said...

Very beautiful!
Greetings Mieke'S

Becky said...

WOW! This is beautiful...I love the layout and the background is gorgeous!!!

Lin said...

Love your card, Michelle! Beautiful interpretation of the photo! Love that slate blue and the pop of red!

Maria said...

So many things to admire on this card, Michelle! Wonderful background, scalloped border, and flower. All combined make for a very lovely card! Take care and enjoy your week with your children, hugs!!:-))

Keilly said...

Beautiful card Michelle, I love the background border and those layered scallops. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Brenda said...

Love the colors and that beautiful MFT die!

Pauline said...

This really is gorgeous Michell, I love the elegance and the rolled roses, a superb design. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Rosemary said...

oh this is so pretty, michelle!!

Marie said...

WOW what a delightful card, Michelle. So many delicious layers. The background paper that you created is magnificent.

Helen said...

Michelle I LOVE your card! So many gorgeous elements - the beautiful die cuts, the layered scalloped edges and that wonderful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight. Hope to see you here again :)

Pauline said...

Big congrats on your win with this card Michelle! So well deserved ;-)