Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Hello there crafters!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I have a project I want to share with you that I absolutely loved to make!
I am entering it into three challenges...

CASE Study
For case study I opted to create an altered project.












Tuesday Trigger

Over at Moxie Fab...this is the cute inspiration photo. I am sticking with the home sweet home theme.








and last...
The Pink Elephant
Here we have to include script, text or some kind of wording.

That's all, I promise!

Here is what I created



I picked up the wood star from Michaels craft store. The dp's are from Authentique. The cardstock is Bazzill and I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, Victoria. After I trimmed the cardstock I stitched the panels together along the seam. I painted the perimeter and back of the star with ivory acylic paint. I inked the edges of the cardstock panels with frayed burlap distress ink. I then glued the panels on with modge podge. The banner was cut from Papertrey Ink cs. The rosette was made with a Martha Stewart border punch. White cs is Recollectionscut with a Spellbinders die. Sentiment and twine are PTI. Acrylic teardrops are Melissa Frances. Brown ink is Colorbox espresso. Gems, pearls and ribbon are from Michaels.
Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to check out my blog candy!

Michelle




12 comments:

Jens Craft Corner said...

This star is beautiful! I love the color scheme and the details you added to it. Just beautiful!

Brenda said...

Oh wow! That is just simply gorgeous Michelle! Good luck in the challenges!

Mynnette said...

I think this is darling! LOVE the pink, black, white, and cream--gorgeous colors!!! :)

Teneale Williams said...

I am totally in love with this project and I can see it on my front door, I adore the idea and I think I will need to case you. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

Rosemary said...

you always make the prettiest decor pieces, michelle! the star is just beautiful!

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous!! LOVE all that fabulous paper and how you made the rosette :) Thanks so much for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous projects!! Love the gorgeous wood star. Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
~Sheri

Lucille K said...

Beautiful star, Michelle. Love what you have done with the challenge :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous star project, Michelle! It makes for a very lovely decoration...great job!

Mieke'S said...

Very nice.
Greetings Mieke'S

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Marie said...

Holy WOW, Michelle. This star is outstanding.