Thursday, October 27, 2011

For You

My last post for tonight, so I thought I would make it a good one!

I made this card for The Play Date Cafe.  I fell in love with these soft and warm colors:
I just want to snuggle up with a cozy blanket and enjoy that cappucino...yummy!!


For this card I created the background with Papertrey Ink. I used Cape Cod ink from ColorBox. I inked the edges with weathered wood distress ink. The scalloped border punch is from ek success.  The embossing folder is Cuttlebug.  The flower was made with Scalloped Circle dies from Spelldinder's. The blue cs is from PTI. I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls to give it a shimmer.  The branch die is Sizzix.  I used Hero Arts Raindrop Background stamp inked with fresh snow ink from PTI to stamp the branches.  Kraft cs is Recollections, cream cs is Bazzill.  Tag punch is Mc Gill. Sentiment is from PTI, ink is soft brown shadow ink from HA.  Twine is PTI. Ribbon and gems are Michaels. Pearl brad is making memories.  Pin is Maya Road.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

15 comments:

Brenda said...

LOVE these colors together Michelle and that flower is totally gorgeous! Great card!

Denise said...

Michelle - everything about this makes me swoon. Absolutely beautiful!! It reminds me of antique china - a perfect take on this week's color story. Thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week.

Pauline said...

LOVE this Michelle! How amazing does that background look! Stunning! Love the beautiful blue bloom too, so gorgeous!

Ros said...

What a gorgeous take on the challenge ... simply beautiful Michelle

Sandra said...

Simply beautiful! It's very elegant

Maria said...

Stunning card, Michelle! This is certainly your style! So elegant and lovely with gorgeous flower! Fabulous backgkround, embossing, and stick pin, too! A perfect beauty...love it!!!

Annie Rose said...

Holy moly this is beautiful! I love everything about it. Definitely pinning this! :)

Ellen said...

What a gorgeous card. That flower is awesome and your color combo is perfect!

Evelyn S. said...

This is such an elegant card!

Lisa said...

Beautifully done Michell...so elegant! Love the pretty background, pearls and the divine stick pin!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my Michelle...this is fabulous! That flower is just breathtaking! Love the scoring and the awesome background paper, too! Great job, teamie!! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is beautiful, Michelle! That flower draws you in, and your delicious, stampy background holds you for the long haul! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! This is just beautiful! I LOVE your layered flower--and I LOVE the scoring and background--BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Just 4 Fun Cards said...

Congratulations on winning this challenge. I love these colours too - so soothing! Your flower is amazing.

Annie Rose said...

Congrats on your Cup Of The Week win at The Play Date Cafe! Your card was what drew me into that challenge in the first place, so I am SO happy you won! It really is a beauty! :)