Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome....

Today's card is for Make it Monday, creating backgrounds with non bg stamps.

I decided to use one of my favorite little stamps that I rarely have the chance to use, a bumble bee.
I love this bee because it look very regal to me. To give my card a little something extra, I embossed the bees with gold embossing powder.



I have to be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with embossing.  I love the finished look, but I hate the mess and time it takes to do it!
The stamp sets I used are Papertrey Ink's Honey Bees and Daily Designs Sentments.
PTI kraft paper. Recollections black cardstock. VersaMark watermark ink and Stampendous gold powder. The black ribbon and pearls are from Michaels. Hero Arts black ink. Spellbinders tag die. Flowers are Prima.

Thanks for dropping by!

Michelle 

11 comments:

Brenda said...

It was definitely worth the effort of embossing Michelle! It looks amazing!

Stella said...

Bee-autiful :) In fact; stunning! It has been quite a job to emboss this butit shows off. Wow!
Hugs!

ps did you get any mail? :)

Amber said...

Love those bees! Definitely one of my favorite stamps - and I totally agree with you about embossing! It's so messy!!! Glad you took the time to do it though...looks great!

veronica said...

always love bees!

A Crafty Person said...

Love the background bee!! Cute card

Maria said...

Those bees are very regal looking! They must be queen bees...hehehe! I agree with you about embossing! This is a perfect card in every way, Michelle...great job...LOVE IT!!! Take care, hugs!!:-))

Ros said...

Oh my your stamping is just perfect!! what a terrific card!

Suzanne Russell said...

I love it-I actually tried to do something similar with the bees and embossing-you will never see that one! Your's turned out beautifully. Great job!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love this bee background card. Great job!

Lisa said...

Bees and flowers...perfect together Michelle! And what a beautiful tag die :)

Ann said...

Oh my goodness that is a gorgeous card. The bees make and absolutely fab background and the embossing just makes it even better. Absolutely worth the extra bother Michelle!