Monday, August 8, 2011

Special Friend

Hello everyone!
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend...they go by so fast!

Today I want to share with you a card I made for The Shabby Tea Room. The theme is 'tea for two'. We are asked to create something including a tea theme in blue and green.
                                                               Isn't this lovely!!!
So here is my card...


My cardstocks are from Recollections and Papertrey Ink. The pattern papers are from K & Company. I paper pieced the teapot with the same papers. Teapot stamp and sentiment are Papertrey Ink. The tag is from a Sizzix die, the border punch is fiskars. The pearls, gems and ribbon are from Michaels. The lace is from Hero Arts. The pin is Maya Road. The button is PTI. The tiny flowers are from my mom...she bought them many years ago. The leaf punch is from Mc Gill. I used bundled sage distress ink and black ink from Hero Arts.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Michelle


10 comments:

Vivi Martínez said...

OMG Michelle!!!! This card is stunning.
Lots of beautiful details and I love every single one of it. Love the paper piecing on the tea pot, the ribbon, the pearls and the little flowers (Isn't it is great when you find those treasures that moms has bought many years ago?)
Love, love this card! TFS
Hugs,
Vivi

Debbie said...

You've done it again, Michelle ... beautiful creation! I adore how you paper pieced your little tea pot and that is one of my favs from PTI! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Karen said...

so fabulous! I love everything about it...good luck in the challenge
karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Stella said...

These papers are GORGEOUS; I never seen them here in Holland but I LOVE it.
Your take on the challenge is jaw dropping gorgeous. I love that teapot and you are fabulous with blues and greens.
A fabulous border and all the pearls above; sigh.... You really have outdone yourself!

Michelle sorry for not being around; life has been busy and last week was filled with ups and downs..(my FIL is very ill)
It's lovely to be here again :)
Hugs!

Rosemary said...

absolutely fabulous card, michelle... but then, again, you ALWAYS make the most fabulous shabby chic cards!!!

Brenda said...

Love the patterned papers you used and the lovely ribbon! Beautiful card Michelle!

Pauline said...

A beautiful card Michelle, I love the lace detail and the beautiful roses, the gorgeous backing paper and the sweet little teapot! Stunning!

Ros said...

Michelle this is beautiful!!! definitely has the WOW! factor ... I love the DP ... the tea pot and the whole design ... you make the most beautiful cards ... I think this will be a winner

Karen said...

Wow stunning card. Love the design and elegance xx

Magda(i)Lena said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card.