Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hello All,

Hope your weekend went well!

I want to share a card I made for The Play Date Cafe.
It's color splash time....black and white with a splash of color.
So I'm doing black and white with a splash of purple!
Here is my card:

I created the background papers with some of my stamps. The dots stamp are from Glitz design. On opposite corners I stamped a flourish from Inkadinkado. I used black soot distress ink. On the black cardstock I used a stamp from Hampton Art. The butterfly is form Crafty Secrets. I inked it with  Papertrey Ink fresh snow. The edges were distressed with a Tim Holtz distresser. The frame is from Tattered Angels. I inked it up with lilac ink from Versa Magic and stamped the flowers within the frame. The sentiment is from Gina K. The ribbon, pearls, gem and flowers are from Michaels. All cardstock are from Recollectons.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

10 comments:

Maria said...

Am lovin' all the detail on this card, Michelle! I had to take a close up look and admire all the beauty! Love how you stamped the background with dots, flowers, and butterflies! Sweet sentiment with flowers and pearls. And great ribbon treatment! Great job, Michelle, and good luck with the challenge! Take care, hugs!:-))

Brenda said...

Very pretty Michelle! I love that you created your own backgrounds! Adore how you placed the ribbon!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

This is my first time in here and I love evrything !!This card is gorgeus just amazing at all!!
I sow so many wonderful creations in here !!!
I´m follower now.
Iwish a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Lisa said...

Pretty,kind of shabby and vintage!

sheila said...

This is so classy looking Michelle. I love your created background papers.

Fiona said...

Love your card Michelle :) Love the little touches of pink, and the way you used your ribbon. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

E.T said...

LOVE this! The ribbon treatment, the white on black, the postage frame... everything rocks!

Sasha said...

Such a lovely , classy looking card, Michelle! I love all the little details and how you have placed your embellishments.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, michelle... love the splash of purple!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty! LOVE your splash of lavender, that gorgeous ribbon treatment, and your postage stamp sentiment! Simply stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!