Thursday, July 28, 2011

Flower Necklace

The project I created today is for The Play Date Cafe. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone....it was really hard to do beacause I really, really, really love these colors and know I could make a gorgeous card!

So I made a necklace....my first one ever...so please be very kind when you critique! It was fun! I will definitely try it again!


My daughter was my model...she loved it! Such a ham!!!
All components of the necklace came from Michaels. The large flower is Recollections and the ribbon is from Memrie Maer.
Hope you lke it!

Thanks for dropping in today!

Michelle

14 comments:

Stella said...

Trying to catch up I stumbled upon an amazing handmade jewel. I love love ove your take on the challenge. The neckalce is fabulous; you should make more of these gems :). Love it!
X

Stella said...

Sorry for the horrible typing :)
X

Barb said...

It's gorgeous, Michelle!

Sasha said...

Just doing a bit of blog hopping and came across your beautiful necklace...LOVE! the colours!

Rosemary said...

oh my gosh!!! your necklace is GORGEOUS, michelle!! you are soo talented!

Lin said...

I LOVE it, Michelle - your colors are spot on! I guess we can all give up already on this challenge, I think this is the winner!

Janelle said...

How beautiful! I like the flower size against the chain and beads...gorgeous work!

Maria said...

An absolutely STUNNING necklace, Michelle! I truly LOVE IT!!! You could sell this gorgeous creation! I've often thought about jewelry making, but haven't tried it. Your first attempt is fabulous! It's a winner! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!:-))

Mynnette said...

This is so lovely! I love making jewelry--this is wonderful inspiration! Thank you or sharing!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a beautifully feminine necklace, so wonderfully designed and using our colors perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Faye said...

Perfect "art" for the challenge. It's just beautiful, Michelle.

Lisa said...

Pretty!!! Very well done :)

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty! And such an absolutely gorgeous take on the color story! It couldn't be more perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY! I just love that beautiful flower and how you used these colors--FABULOUS creation and CLEVER too! LOVE:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)