Monday, February 14, 2011

Your Love

              Happy Valentin's Day!!

 Wow!  I am so excited to be Guest Designer in The Shabby Tea Room this week!!!!


            The theme this week is "Keeping Warm"  Just look at those cozy blankets!

    For my card, I knew I wanted to add lots of texture and layers 
     And because today is Valentine's Day, it needed a great big heart!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Hope you have a sweet day!!

also entering this in Crazy 4 Challenges
Michelle


materials:
rose pattern paper from Anna Griffen
burgandy and slate cardstock is Core'dinations
woven paper is The Paper Company
vellum is Bazzill
white trim is Maya Road
gray trim is Prima
jute trim from Joanns fabric store
cuttlebug embossing folder, ek success boder punch
pin I made from a stash of beads
pearls from Michaels
flower is Recollections( I altered it)
twine is Papertrey Ink
button from craft store
sentiment was printed from computer
tea dye ink was used to distress edges
Spellbinder dies

7 comments:

Lin said...

Congratulations, Michelle, on the guest design spot! This is lovely! Can you explain how you achieved the ruffled edge around the heart? It's lovely!

Michelle said...

Hey Lin! It's a large paper flower, I cut the petals off and glued them to the back of the flower. I used two flowers.
Thanks Lin!

Barb said...

Fabulous card, Michelle! So many pretty layers! Congrats on the guest design spot! How exciting!

Maria said...

Congrats on your guest designing, Michelle! Yes, very warm and cozy! Your card gives that impression of warmth! Just love all the texture and layers! Very beautiful and creative!

Stella said...

This card is right up my alley, lots of borders and each one of them is gorgeous. beautiful colors and I love love love that background paper; stunning!In fact every piece of this card is stunning.
You made another beauty! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, don't you love Anna Griffin stuff?? I like your take on the 'warm and fuzzy' challenge at TSTR, with your sentiment. Perfect!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Michelle! And I love your card with the BIG heart and BIG bow!