Friday, February 11, 2011

Wood Frame

Here is another post for The Shabby Tea Room Design Team Call.
I bought this frame today for $1.00 at the craft store and thought I'd try some stamping on it.
I painted the frame with a mixture of white and ivory acrylic paint.
The musical background stamp is Hero Arts inked with VersaMagic Pixie Dust.
The flourish is also Hero Arts inked with tea dye distress ink.

The polka dots is Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics inked wth black soot distress ink.
After all was dry I sanded the edges than added victorian velvet distress to edges.

I made the flower from wired edge satn ribbon. The center rhnestone button is Jenni Bowlin.
The black ribbon is from Michaels. For a finishing touch I added some clear gems also from Michaels.
Thanks for looking!
Michelle

7 comments:

Debbie said...

GOR-JUS, Michelle! Thanks for your lovely submissions x2!! Good luck :)

Barb said...

What a neat idea, Michelle! Love the way this turned out! It would make a lovely, little gift!

Tiffany said...

Very pretty! Love how you've altered this frame in your own special way, lovely and soft touches!

Maria said...

What a sweet soft frame! Love that flower and how the ribbon and black dots make a great statement! Good luck with the DT challenge! You're very deserving and so creative...take care!

Brenda said...

Hi Michelle! I love this beautiful frame you altered! This would make an awesome gift! Is it a wooden frame?

Michelle said...

Hey Brenda! Yes, the frame is wood. It also comes with a peg to help it stand.

Stella said...

Woooohoooo you're a GD in May at TSTR!!!!! CONGRAUTALTIONS!!!!!!! I am a bit late; last few days were very busy but it;s good to see this beauty. I knew it:)...you're so talented!!! This is so well deserved; enjoy!!!!