Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get Creative!

This week at The Shabby Tea Room , the theme is " get creative". We have to use basic tools like stamps, inks, ribbon, etc.... to create our projects. No pattern paper or already made embellishments!

For the first time, my card actually came out the way I pictured! And I am so pleased!
To stamp the background paper I used Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics in VersaMagic pixie dust on ivory Bazzill Basics cardstock. Then I embossed Hero Arts fabulous flourish with white embossing  powder. Edges wew distressed, then inked with tea dye distress ink. I applied the pearls. Center image is Hero Arts bird in a circle embossed in white powder. I used Spellbinders dies to cut both shapes. I inked the edges with white Memories ink. Pink gems were added
My flowers were made with a flower punch by ek success. I inked them with a pink ink for a dollar at Michaels.

Thanks for lookiing!!!
Michelle

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Just STUNNNING, Michelle! Your designs are simply amazing and I love seeing you share your work in the Tea Room weekly -- thanks so much :)

CinnamonSally said...

This is beautiful Michelle, this is such an elegant card!

Rosemary said...

beautiful and creative card, michelle! the challenge sounds like a lot of fun...

Barb said...

Your cards get more beautiful each time you create one! This is stunning, Michelle!

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous Michelle! I love the stamped polka dots and that gorgeous stamped bird image and your flowers turned out gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Maria said...

Amazing beauty all on one card!!! Love the polka dots, bird image, flowers, pearls, and background! What a creative fun beautiful card you've made...stunning!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

So very pretty. The flowers are little bundles of sweetness - I love them! Thanks for sharing and for the kind comment on my blog.

sheryl said...

what's not to be pleased about, you are talented and this is soooooo romantique! Great JOB!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Michelle, can I just say "Wow"? Will that be enough to describe how beautiful your card is? Oh my. It is so pretty, and I can see that flourish that was white embossed. Bet it's even more beautiful IRL.

Tessan said...

This is a really wonderful and cute card, love the pearls and the roses, such a nice effect!

Pattie said...

Oh so pretty - I love so many things about this - pink, birds, polka dots! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!