Friday, January 21, 2011

Sending Sunshine

Another challenge over at ColourQ . These colors are screaming  SUMMER, it's almost depressing!
I live in NY and we just got another six inches of snow.....and expecting more on Tuesday. I need a Carribean Vacation...soon!!!
So, I made todays' card for myself. The sentiment will explain why. :):):)

Thanks for dropping in today!
Michelle

materials:
papers: white cardstock from Recollections, yellow cs from Papertrey Ink, poppy cs from Bazzill, cherry cs from Bazzill
TH Sizzix die; stamps: Hero Arts; inks: StazOn jet black, scattered straw distress; colored pencils; ribbon, pearls, gems and butterfly from Michaels; Martha Stewart border punch

10 comments:

Stella said...

Looking at this card I want some sunshine too... The Carribean sounds great but the south of France would be lovely too :)
Your card is lovely; the coloring is amazing. And how did you get all those pearls so perfectly placed?
Have a wonderful weekend!

Barb said...

I'll go to the Caribbean with you! Our temp this morning was minus 20! Thanks for warming us all up with this beautiful card, Michelle! Love it!

Brenda said...

Oh man, I feel for you! Your card is beautiful, I love the addition of the pearls and that lovelly lace border!

Rosemary said...

pretty card! love how you used the color combo!

Maria said...

Hehehe Michelle regarding the snow! We had ice and snow here recently. Being here in NW Ohio am ready for a sunny vacation too! Anyways, your card is very lovely! Just love all those pearls, flower, and ribbon..truly a beauty!!!

Geri said...

Michelle...left you a comment on your TSTR card--This is so lovely, also!! I had not seen your comment on my felt flower card--Thanks! (especially for the 'woo hoo'!! :) I've enjoyed my visit today!!

LeAnne said...

Just lovely! That punched border is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Michelle! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Ros said...

Lovely card .., adore those poppies Michelle ... Wow!

PapierGirl said...

So pretty - I love that stamp set and the diecut frame! :)