Sunday, January 2, 2011

Colour Q #65

This is my first challenge with Colour Q today.
I learned something about myself....I am not good creating under pressure!!!
This is my first attempt at paper flowers and obviously I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!
I was really pressed for time....the challenge ends today at 12 noon. I started my card at 9:30 am.
I knew what I wanted to do. I just could not execute it wth precision....very disappointing!!!!! I made so many mistakes, I should be embarassed to show you...but I will any way. All helpful criticism is welcome...please be kind!!!
Here is the inspiration photo: Gorgeous!!!
Here is my card:
Thanks for looking!!!
Michelle

materials used:
olive cardstock is Bazzill Basics; black is Papertrey Ink; gray is Recollections
paper flowers were made with scraps of ivory, kraft and olive paper.
bodice stamp is Stampendous!; sentiment is from PTI
inks: VersaMark watermark, Memories in white; clear embossing powder
tulle flower and gray and silver beads and leaves are from Prima
other gems and pearls and doily are from Michaels
large ivory flower is Recollections; lace is from Joann's fabric store

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Michelle! thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week! You did a great job with your first challenge. It is hard to create under pressure, I hope you come back, the color combo's will help your growth as a card maker. They continue to help me!

Maria said...

Wow, lovely! In my opinion(no expert here), you did a fabulous job!!! Just love all those different flowers! Doily, pearls, etc....all beautiful!!!

Barb said...

Okay, so I clicked on the photo of your card to look at it in a larger size and have decided that you are WAY TO HARD ON YOURSELF! This card is so beautiful, Michelle! Your rolled flowers look wonderful to me! Love all the feminine details you've added too!

Tiffany said...

Oh my, so very pretty! Love all the pearls, the flowers, such a beautiful combination of embellishments!

Paper Paradise said...

Well I think the flowers are fantastic and the way you combined them with the other elements is beautiful, really feminine, you should be proud! Sue x

CinnamonSally said...

This is a stunning card Michelle, Love, Love LOVE it!!

Viola Mahr said...

Mmmmm! I love your cards! :) Sweet beginning to the year... to find another shabby crafter... I love friends who find joy in the homestyle of art :) many warm wishes for the new year!

hugs,
Vio
www.violamahr.typepad.com

Brenda said...

This is a really beautiful feminine card! And there is nothing wrong with your flowers!

Rosemary said...

you are being too hard on yourself michelle! this card is absolutely amazing!

Geri said...

I don't see any mistakes here!! It's lovely! I love the way you brought the bodice element in with that touch of lace. Your flowers look great! I think it's all really pretty!! I came to congratulate you on your Shabby Tea Room win...it was such a lovely card also...WAY TO GO!!

Stella said...

To be honest; I can't find where it went wrong; it's just GORGEOUS!!! Don't underestimate yourself; your card ia gorgeous and I think you did a fabulous job!! Lovely!
Hugs,
Stella

Ros said...

Breathtaking!!! The flower arrangement is beautiful ...