Thursday, December 30, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #62

I am in love with the colors chosen at the PDC this week!  They are so romantic!


Now I am anxious to start stamping.  I gather my papers, stamps, pearls and gems. Then I hit a wall....
I don't have markers or inks to match the color scheme!!! Well, needless to say, I'm bummed!
So, I decide to put some laundry away ( I have 20 guests coming tomorrow night to ring in the New Year, I should not be stamping). Yeah right! I found a nice surprise in a box in the closet. These wallpaper wallies I had put away for just the right project. I think this is the right project!!!!!


I used this sketch from http://www.cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the really long post...thanks for staying!!!!
Michelle
materials:
paper: card is Bazzill Basics, brown cardstock is Papertrey Ink, white is Recollections
flowers: not sure of the brand, I bought them in AC Moore
stamp: Papertrey Ink Damask Designs
inks: white paper is distresses with Hero Arts soft sand shadow ink
sentiment is inked with two, the top is HA shadow ink in soft brown, the bottom is StazOn timber brown
pearls and gems are from Michaels

13 comments:

Michele Gross said...

You are absolutely correct-This IS the right project! Gorgeous! You really captured the romantic nature of the PDCC colors and created a wonderful card :) Glad you played along at The Play Date Cafe! Happy New Year!!

Stella said...

This card makes me think of peonies in full bloom. L-O-V-E-L-Y! And perfect for this challenge!!

Maria said...

Hi Michelle! Love the dimension with the leaves and love the soft colors! Aren't ya glad ya found those flowers...so beautiful...Happy New Year!!!

Barb said...

Love this beauty, Michelle! Those flowers are perfect for the challenge!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh, those flowers are just fantastic and that little touch of bling in the centers, gorgeous! Glad to see you playing along with the PDCC.

Sarah Anderson said...

This is definitely the right project for those flowers - they are GoRGeouS and spot on for this week's play date challenge. Thanks so much for joining us, and Happy New Year!

Rosemary said...

woweee! what a beauty of a card, michelle!!

Julie Ranae said...

WoW! I am so glad you found these flowers! What a way to make it work and they were PeRfEcT for this challenge : ) So great to have you with us once again in The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card, and great flowers for our colours this week too! Happy New Year! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Sue Lelli said...

This turned out so SUPER! LOVE the wallpaper wallies as you called them!

Brenda said...

So pretty Michelle! Totally love these flowers!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm in love with those Wallie flowers you used! Sigh. So gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! You captured the beauty of these flowers--oh my! They are gorgeous! Great use of our colors:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}