Thursday, December 9, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #59

This is a card I made for The Play Date Cafe....challenge # 59. Here is a picture of the colors we have to work with

I think these colors are so much fun!










The card is made from white cardstock. The blue cardstock is from Papertrey Ink, the purple cardstock is from Bazzill Basics. The stamp is from Hero Arts, Antique Background CG120, stamped in jet black.  I colored the butterflies with colored pencils from Lyra then painted them with distress crackle paint in rock candy. Here is a close up of how it looks:


I distressed the edges of the white card and white panel with antique linen distress ink. The bow and gems are from Michaels.  I'm also uploading it to hero arts flickr December challenge...adding shine.
Well, I love these colors so much I made two cards. Here is the other:

I wanted to do a fun birthday card. The card is made from white cardstock.  I used the same blue and purple cardstock as above.  I used Martha Stewart 1 inch circle puncher to make the circles. For the small circles I used Polka Dot Basics from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped them with Colorbox sky blue and added Martha Stewart blueberry slush glitter. The happy birthday stamp is from Hampton Art, same ink and glitter. I rounded the corners with Martha Stewart corner rounder. Gems are from Michaels.
Thanks for looking!
Michelle


















I

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

another beauty, michelle!

Barb said...

Love them both, Michelle! This color combo is always so pretty!

Stella said...

Michelle I hope you applied for the DT at PDCC; you are so talented and your card for this challenge is stunning! A perfect take on the colors; I love your very elegant bow. The background and your butterflies are gorgeous!

And i love the CAS of your other card. I love polka dots :)

Sarah Anderson said...

My favourite butterfly! And that bow is gorgeous :) It all makes for a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing with us at the play date cafe :)

Maria said...

Wow, those butterflies are gorgeous as is the bow! Such a lovely card, Michelle!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply lovely! Those butterflies are darling and what a great use of our colors! And that bow is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Brenda said...

Beautiful set of cards Michelle! Love the colours (blue is my favourite) and combined with Butterflies (also my favourite), it's bust gorgeous! Also love the retro card as a birthday card!

Ruby said...

Beautiful card, I just love butterflies with text, fab combo! Your second card is fun too, it's fun the way colours can trigger us to work in so many directions! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Both cards are super cute--love the circles! But my fav is that bow on the first card--LOVE it! So lush:} I love those butterflies too! BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the color fun over at the PDCC:}