Saturday, November 27, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challnge #57


For this weeks challenge at the PDC, we are to use the colors brown, grey and silver.
Here is my take on the challenge.

I immediately thought of this peacock stamp from Hero Arts CG184.  I embossed it with Stampendous! pearlustre peridot opaque powder. I embellished the tail with clear gems from Michaels, and one florwer with a grey flower from Prima. All cardstock is from Recollections.  The ink is vintage photo distress ink, used for sentiment , background script and distressing edges. The bg script is Papertrey Ink Background Basics: Text Style, sentiment Damask Designs. The ribbon I used is from Chatterbox. I had this ribbon for the longest time, it was so hard to part with it!!! :):) I love how it all came together!


Thanks for looking!!!
Michelle










13 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

This is stunning Michelle, that ribbon is gorgeous!!!!

Stella said...

That peacock stamp is one of your best purchases of this year:)! You use it a lot and every time it's fabulous. This is a stunning take on the challenge.I am in love with that ribbon. Fabulous Michelle; looks like a winner to me!

Maria said...

Oh wow, Michelle!!! The peacock image is gorgeous...love it! And that ribbon is to die for. I can see how it would be difficult to part with it! Good luck with the challenge! You have my vote 'cause this card is super gorgeous!!!

Lavender Rose said...

I love the peacock and the ribbon, stunning card!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! The peacock is fabulous.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Michelle! I can see why it was hard to part with that gorgeous ribbon! But it looks awesome on this card!

Nat said...

gorgeous card, I love this peacock and your design is fab!! :) great take on the challenge!

Fiona said...

lovely card - the stamp is fantastic :-)

Rosemary said...

such a gorgeous card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully elegant! Love that gorgeous ribbon treatment...so striking! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! That ribbon is LUSH! I also love that peacock! Great job--Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Michelle, this card is beautiful--love the peacock stamp. I love your design; this is a wonderful card and you did a great job. Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The next three weeks will be very busy for me; getting ready for Christmas--hopefully I can squeeze in a few cards. Have a wonderful day and God bless you.

Ruby said...

Such a gorgeous card. That peacock is beautiful and looks perfect with the ribbon you've used. Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC!