Sunday, November 14, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge # 55


To be honest, I had a hard time with this color challenge. In the end, I really like the result. The four papers in the center are from Papertrey Ink. The white paper is from Michaels and the burgandy card is from Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock. The embossing plate is Cuttlebug Fancy Corners. They were cut into 2inch squares. The stamp is from PTI Boards and Beams stamped in jet black ink. The clear flower in the center is a floral pick from Horizon, found at Michaels in the wedding isle. The gems are also from Michaels. I'm saving this card for my brother and sister in law who are in the midst of buying a new home! Wish them luck!!!
Thanks for looking!!!
Michelle

14 comments:

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Pretty card, Michelle! Love the beautiful flower gem! Have you seen Lin's card for the same challenge? You two must have been on the same page with your designs.

Michelle said...

I did and I feel bad! I hope she doesn't feel I copied!!!:):):)

Tiffany said...

Super pretty, wow, so beautiful!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Michelle, thanks so much for visiting my blog, and becoming my 100 follower, I have been waiting to beat that milestone for a few months now. Thank you for your lovely comments too, you have made a fabulous job of the colour challenge I love the embossed squares and that perfect gem in the centre. I think we have all found the colours challenging this week!!

Stella said...

I love this take on the PDCC challenge; this is fabulous. Perfect embossing and perfectly paired on the card. Good luck on the challenge!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that textured plate! Wonderful geometric design and awesome use of our colors! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Michelle, this card is gorgeous and you did a wonderful job. I love the colors that you picked and the embossing is beautiful.

Maria said...

A great take on the challenge! I love how all the colors blend well together! The embossing is very lovely...great job...good luck!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! You did a fab job with your embossed panels for this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

secret scrapbooker said...

Great card :0) And thankyou soo much for your lovely comment on my blog.
Kate xx

Sarah Anderson said...

You did a fabulous job with these embossed papers - gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us in the Play Date Cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE how you used these colors--and the dry embossing! Great job!! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Michele Gross said...

Such an elegant card! Lovely way to work the colors:)