Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WOW! I did it!

This is my first blog post! Thanks to the ladies on flickr, their advice and encouragement gav me the push I needed to do this!  So I'll get right down to it. Tonight I created  bookmarks for my daughters. The strawberry bookmark is stamped with Hero Arts Simply the best/ strawberry and a flower from Papertrey Ink Beautiful Blooms II. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings. The inks I used are StazOn jet black, distress inks in peeled paint and fired brick. I used colored pencils to color strawberries and flowers and added pearl accents. For the umbrella bookmark I used stamps from Hampton Arts/ rain boots, umbrella and rain drop from Papertrey Ink Scattered Showers, flower from PTI Beautiful Blooms II,  dragonfly and sentiment from Hero Arts Good Fortune and Everyday Sayings. The inks I used are StazOn jet black, Hero Arts soft stone and soft blossom and a darker blue ink from studio g. I used colored pencils for umbrella, flower and boots and added pearls. Then I painted them with clear rock candy crackle paint. After they dried, I glued them to black matting.
 Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Sanne said...

Congratulations Michelle - I´m sure you will love blogging eventhough it takes a lot of time. Like your bookmarks your daughters will love them!
Greetings from Denmark
Sanne
http://susanneandersen.blogspot.com/

Anette H said...

Congratulations on your new blog!!

nnalorac said...

Saw your post on flickr, well done you, there'll be no stopping you now, have fun.Hey, there'll be little time for anything else now!!!! Love your bookmarks! x

sheila said...

Good for u! You've got your blog up and running and everything about it looks great!

Michele Gross said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to start the blog! You are going to have soooo much fun in blogland :)

Michelle said...

Thank you for visiting and for your comments!