Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holiday Card

After making several different holiday cards, most posted on flickr, I decided today's design is the one I like best. So this is the card I will send to family and friends. I hope they like them!
I made the white card from cardstock. I trimmed pink and black paper from Papertrey Ink to fit the center of the card. I used my Sure Cut Paper Trimmer from Fiskars.I love this tool!!!
To emboss the snowflakes on pink cardstock I used Versamark Watermark stamp pad and Stamp n Stuff embossing powder in kaleidoscope.It gave them a cool irridescent look! The small white flakes I used Archival Moonlight White Ink. I actually used my toaster oven to set the embossing powder!!!!
The large snowflakes are Hero Arts CG210 Enjoy the Seasons. The small snowflake is Hero ArtsCL343 Holiday Sayings. The sentimnt is Hero Arts CL359 Holiday Cheer stamped in jet black. Pearls and ribbon are from Michaels.
I don't usually make Christmas cards in non traditional colors but I loved Tami Hartley's Christmas card on the Hero Arts blogTami Hartley's Christmas card on the Hero Arts blog. It is such a bautiful card in pink, green and white!
Thanks!!!
Michelle

7 comments:

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Michelle, love this card--it is so elegant and I love the non-traditional colors. That ribbon is gorgeous and I also love the pearls. Great job. Thanks for you comment on my blog. You take care and have a wonderful day.

Lin said...

I'm loving pink this Christmas, too, Michelle - love how you put this together, it's so elegant with the black! And the pearls are the perfect finish.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card for your family and friends Michelle! Love your bow again.

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous!! Love the stitching and rich contrast of colors. Your family and friends will love it!!

Barb said...

Love this gorgeous card, Michelle! The pink and black are so beautiful together! Wonderful stitching too!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow. This is absolutely stunning! I love the stitching. So gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!!